Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Design For Media, Week 01: Biffo and Friends

Thus begins project 1: Character Studies

I started with a some rough sketches of the whole "cast" (save for maybe two background party-going kids). I wanted to include this to give an idea of what my process is like when creating a character, i.e. what sort of shapes I sketch out.


Then I decided for this week to do a more finalized version of Biffo, our hero whose name I'm still not entirely satisfied with (suggestions?), and include some other, sketchy poses for him as well in the first of 4 "panels" for project 1.


As stated in week 00, all the characters will be made using the same palette of colors, so all characters after this will be made only with the colors you see on the fully colored Biffo.

Thoughts? I'm all ears.

1 comment:

  1. Love Biffo looking sad with the hat, and poking the chicken. Thats funny

    ReplyDelete